Saturday, December 02, 2006

don't even consider it

On this lovely winter day, I decided to go and check out the new Christopher Guest flick, FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION. I am a huge fan of his...I mean, who in theatre hasn't seen WAITING FOR GUFFMAN, and BEST IN SHOW is so funny, I think even my father owns the DVD. Sadly, Mr. Guest does not match his earlier success with this movie. Once again, the film is full of lots of familiar and fabulous actors. Parker Posey continues to show that she is a force to be reckoned with, and does anyone play dumb better than Jennifer Coolidge? I thought my loving this movie would be a give-in considering it was being made by one of the funniest directors ever, and was about movies. I think I laughed three times. It was very sad indeed. One high point was there were LOTS of great previews before the flick. They showed one for HOLIDAY (Hooray! One week and counting), and a new one for Mandy Moore and Diane Keaton called BECAUSE I SAID SO, and an interesting one for BREAKING AND ENTERING starring Jude Law and Robin Wright Penn about a man who ends up having an affair with the woman whose son stole his computer. (I realize that sounds kind of bizarre and far-fetched, here is the link to check it out yourself: http://www.hollywood.com/content/trailer_detail_step1.aspx?id=3563369&FromPlayerPage=1
It looks kind of fun and sexy for what it's worth. So, the previews were pretty much the highlight of this flick....sadly.

Final thoughts: Maybe rent it if you are a die-hard Christopher Guest fan.

Photo Credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home