Wednesday, January 03, 2007

pound the crap out of....

My brother and I have actually very little in common. He is a salesman, I am an artist. He has huge beautiful eyes with killer eyelashes, and mine are squinty, rat-like, and close-together. What we do share is a love of Nintendo, college football, and action movies. On New Year's Eve, I stayed over with my brother, his tolerant wife, and the gorgeous baby, and we watched ROCKY V and some college ball. On New Year's day, we dumped the baby with my parents and went to check out ROCKY BALBOA. Sometimes, a movie is not change-the world brilliant, but it is exactly what it needs to be. ROCKY BALBOA is that kind of movie. Did I walk out of the theatre forever changed and deep in thought? Well, no. However, I walked out with a smile on my face, appreciating a good story, and belief that sometimes the underdog might win. Sylvester Stallone looks his age, and has kept the now-widowed Rocky as sweet as always. A special shout-out to the adorable Milo Ventiligmia as Rocky's son who is forever stuck in his father's HUGE shadow. (He is also fabulous on HEROES...my new favorite TV show.) If you are a Rocky fan, then you should go and check it out. It it sweet, funny, and of course there is a kick-a** fight in it. Could it be any other way?

Final thoughts: A great popcorn movie to share with your brother.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home