Monday, December 18, 2006

i heart penelope cruz?

Truth be told, I have never really been a fan of Penelope Cruz. (I tend to be suspicious of anyone who dates Tom Cruise.) Anyway, her most recent film VOLVER was well-nominated for the Golden Globes, so I decided to check it out. It was brilliant. I adored this movie.....and encourage everyone to check it out. One word of warning though....it deals with some heavy issues, and I would take the "R" rating seriously. The film, beautifully directed by Pedro Almodóvar, tells the story of Raimundo (Cruz), her daughter, her sister, and her deceased mother. There are lots of secrets in this family, and they will all have to be eventually revealed. Funny, candid, and sad, this film is a must-see. Will Cruz get her Oscar nomination with this one? I wouldn't be surprised.

Final thoughts: Grab your mom, or a girlfriend, and go and check this one out.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home