Friday, May 22, 2009

my surreal life

Sometimes, you have these moments that are so bizarre, you don't know what to do with them. My parents, godmother and I have been planning to see THE COLBERT REPORT for months. Every day, I would check both THE DAILY SHOW and TCR website to get tickets. Finally, the day came. So, we head down to the show, only to find out that Green Day (yes, the punk band) is the guest for the show. I don't even know how to describe what it was like to be standing in a television studio rocking out to Green Day with the parents. Seriously - how do you describe that? I don't think it's possible....

The warm-up comic so made fun of us. He looked at the section we were sitting in, and said that we looked more like the Barry Manilow section as opposed to the Green Day section. He even came up to my godmother and asked her how many people were in the band. (She said 14. The comic [and I] laughed at her. I was going to say 4. [You may laugh at me.])

The show was funny - Colbert is so cool. He is just a genuinely nice guy, and hilarious. We were even lucky enough to see him totally mess up...

Final thoughts: Although it seriously sucked to have to wait outside in the heat, and then wait inside while the band seemed to have an endless sound check in the studio, it was a fabulous experience. Plus, I totally went punk with my parents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home