Sunday, December 28, 2008

i heart billy!

As I previously blogged, I went to check out BILLY ELLIOT on Broadway with my mom when she was in town back in October. Well, I have actually now seen it three times (once on my own, and once with a friend for her birthday) and was lucky enough to see all three of the Billys perform! Because of the demands of the role, three kids rotate in the role. It was truly amazing. The funny thing is, I have loved the show all three times I saw it - and each time, with the different boy playing Billy it seemed like a totally different show. Each of the kids really has a different strength, and it was fascinating to see how the same lines, music, and - for the most part - choreography could be so different. I actually just got the soundtrack, and have been listening to it quite a bit. I don't know why, but this show really speaks to me. If you can, make sure to check it out, or go see any Broadway show for that matter.

Help the arts! During economic downturns, the arts are always really hurt! Please make sure to keep the arts a part of your life!!
photo credit: www.nytimes.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home