Thursday, October 23, 2008

movie redux

I actually haven't been seeing quite as many movies as I would have liked. With the show, my time got crazy, and so, no time for Beth-happy-movie-time.

NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST
I heart Micheal Cera! I liked this movie. It was sweet and funny, and was in the city which I always enjoy. However, it made me face a crisis of conscience. I am getting older. I have noticed more and more that I am getting older than the hero/heroine in the books I'm reading or the movies I'm seeing. I hate when reality breaks into my happy place. :( Anyway, Nick is in a band, and is sad because his girlfriend broke up with him. Norah is a little depressed, and Nick's ex-girlfriend is mean to her because her dad runs a record company. They pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend and hilarity ensues. I know, bizarre description. However, it is a good movie....much better than it needs to be. Plus, it stars Michael Cera! What else does a movie need?

Final thoughts: A fun movie. You don't have to see it on the big screen...but it is fun to rock out to the fabu music in the theatre.

BURN AFTER READING
Sometimes, after you watch a movie, you just have to say "huh"? This movie was really funny...and really weird. George Clooney plays insecure, Brad Pitt plays a dumb blonde, and the government is confused. Bonus: My colleague's husband has a small part in the film!

Final thoughts: A bizarre, funny Coen movie. One to add to the NetFlix list if you are a fan of any of the actors or directors.


NIGHTS IN RODANTHE
Um......boo. I so wanted to like this movie...and I did like the first 1/3. It was kind of like a Lifetime movie on steroids. Bigger stars, bigger budget...but ultimately left me flat.

Final thoughts: If you are a die-hard fan of the book, maybe one to check out. Otherwise, just rewatch THE NOTEBOOK.
photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home