Thursday, October 23, 2008

beautiful

Whilst my mother was in town for my recent performance, we went and took in the new Broadway show BILLY ELLIOT. I am a huge fan of the movie....it is beautiful, sad, and brilliant. It is always a little scary to see something that you love turned into something else. I was totally blown away by the stage production! I literally sobbed three times during the performance. The funny thing is, we saw the show during previews, and it was actually not perfect. There were several moments that didn't quite gel - but the show was still amazing. This kid who plays Billy was totally unbelievable. (In fact, there are 3 boys that rotate the role, and I saw Trent play him.) His dancing was extraordinary, the singing darling, and he acted it well. It is hard to believe that a 13 year-old could play a role like this so effectively. There were truly some breathtaking moments that I am still slightly overwhelmed by. In fact, I bought another ticket to the show for next week, I need to see it again without being so emotionally overwhelmed. (I'm also going next May with both my parents when they hit the city for Memorial Day.) One moment that surprised me, my fave moment in the movie wasn't actually in the show - and I was totally okay with it.

Final thoughts: An amazing night at the theatre that is incredibly moving, and beautifully performed. A must see if you are a fan of the movie!
photo credit: www.smh.com.au

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home