Thursday, July 31, 2008

things i'm digging

As always, there are a myriad of things that I am totally digging right now...mostly revolving around tv and food....but what can you do.

1. PSYCH - I love, love, love this show. The adventure continues with Shawn and Gus....and my love for actor James Roday continues to grow.

2. IN PLAIN SIGHT - A new show starring Mary McCormack (who is fabulous in the Broadway show BOEING BOEING) about a US Marshall. Witty banter ensues with her partner Fred Weller (who I saw on Broadway in Glengarry Glen Ross a couple of years ago). Bonus: She has a hot boyfriend who is usually half-naked more often than not.

3. Cupcakes - Seriously, my birthday was last week, and I have eaten a crap load of cupcakes. The perfect dessert....I wish every day was cupcake day!

4. Pizza - This crazy good place by my apartment has the most amazing pizza. When you order a slice, they make the slice from scratch...like a mini-pizza. I am slightly embarrassed to admit that they totally know me there now, like Cheers.

5. Summer movies - Between THE DARK KNIGHT, HELLBOY II, and IRON MAN, this has been a summer of fantastic movies. Popcorn, coke, and AC....the perfect way to spend a hot, summer day.

6. SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE - I am usually not one to watch reality tv (other than THE HILLS and THE SEARCH FOR ELLE), but this show is amazing! I didn't watch the audition portions, just started when they were at the final 20. Now, we are down to the final four (am recording the episode now - will watch momentarily), and all I want to do is get to a dance class. I have been moved tears by some of these performances. I totally think they can dance....

7. TV shows on DVD - I have waxed poetic previously about my love of the library. It totally still rocks. I am working on THE WEST WING (halfway through season two), BROTHERS AND SISTERS (season one), and picked up 30 ROCK and THE CLOSER season ones today at the library. Since I am dirt poor (still no roommate), free stuff from the library is totally the way to go!

8. Vacation - One week from today, I will be up on Lake George with my parents, swimming, reading, and resting. Seriously, that is the vacation...trashy novels (also courtesy of your friendly, neighborhood library), hot dogs and corn on the cob on the grill, and swims in the lake. It is bliss...and I can't wait to get on the train and up to the water!


photo credit: www.popmatters.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home