Sunday, June 08, 2008

major movie redux part II

BABY MAMA

So....I like funny movies, and I am obsessed with pregnancy, so BABY MAMA was a no brainer for me. Tina Fey is fabulous. What I like about her is that she is funny, smart, pretty, and dorky.....somehow, I want to both be her, and I want to be her friend. (By they by, if you haven't seen it already, you must check out 30 ROCK which is hilarious.) Anyway, a career woman who is ready to start her family, Fey hires a surrogate mother, played by Amy Poehler, to carry the child that it is going to be difficult for her to conceive. Hilarity, and surprising sweetness ensues. Greg Kinnear plays the smoothie store owner that catches Fey's eye, and Steve Martin is hilarious as the new-agey boss at her office. All in all, a fun movie, with heart and laughs...that totally satisfied my pregnancy-obsessed mind.

Final thoughts: One to see if you are a Fey fan, a rom-com fan, or just want to giggle. Add it to your net-flix list, and plan a night at home, in sweats, with a pint of ice cream.

MADE OF HONOR

Sometimes, a movie is fine. You don't love it, you don't hate it...you just like it, but then move on with your life. I liked MADE OF HONOR, but it didn't blow me out of the water. Patrick Dempsey is adorable. He is fun, and suave, and kind of scummy, but you still want him to win in the end. Michele Monaghan is cute and sweet, and you want her to win in the end. I smiled through the movie, and I was sad when the "boy lost girl" moment came. When the movie was over, I thought, how sweet, and then wandered back to real life.

Final thoughts: A cute rom-com....one to see if you are a Patrick Dempsey fan, but otherwise, check it out on TBS in 2012.

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS

This movie totally cracked me up. Truthfully, I am not a huge fan of Cameron Diaz, but she has truly met her match in Ashton Kutcher in this comedy. The best friends, played by Lake Bell and Rob Corrdry, are hi-larious, and have some fabulous lines. Best quote of the night: If I could make someone dead with my mind...it would be you. (giggle) Both having crappy weekends, she because her fiancee broke up with her, and he because he as fired from his job, both head to Las Vegas for recovery. Drinking away their sorrows, they wake up the next morning, hung over and married! On their way to end the marriage, they play a slot machine (one person's quarter, one person pulls the lever) and win 3 million dollars. So, they head back to NYC, where the judge orders them to stay married and receive counseling before he will allow the divorce and splitting the money. Hijinks ensue. It totally cracked me up.

Final thoughts: So much better than I thought it was going to be, and a fun day at the movies. Again, add it to your net-flix list, and watch when you need a giggle.


SON OF RAMBOW

A sweet flick about two little boys who end up making a sequel to the film RAMBO. I know...it sounds weird, but it is really funny and sweet. A British import, this is a movie about families, friendships, and is darling, indeed. Bonus: Ed Westwick from GOSSIP GIRL shows up as a meanie older brother.

Final thoughts: Another one to add to the netflix list. Sweet and funny, this is one for movie-lovers to enjoy.

photo credits: www.movieweb.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Lanii Be Good said...

One of the boys from Son of Rambow has been cast as Eustuce in the next Narnia flick - sure to be the best yet - Voyage of the Dawn Treader!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home