Saturday, May 24, 2008

wrapping up

So, my brother has come and gone, and a good time was had by all. We did the Mets game, and we also managed to do two movies, a show, a museum, and walks all over Central Park and midtown.

As PK's (preacher kids), I felt it was imperative that we go and check out ALTAR BOYZ, my all-time favorite off-Broadway show. It is still hilarious, and I encourage everyone to check it out. Super funny, smart, silly, great dancing, sharp lyrics, and cute boys make it for an ideal night out. Plus, this great song "I Believe" is in it...and that is one of my favorite musical theatre songs of all time. I mean how can you not dig a show about a Christian boy band?

On the movie front, we took in IRON MAN....it still totally rocked! We also took in SPEED RACER, which I actually really liked. It does run a little long, but the graphics were amazing, and I liked the actors. It was crazy busy.....like eight million things happening at once, and in fact, I am glad we didn't check it out on the IMAX screen like we had originally planned, because it would have been totally overwhelming. At any rate, I sat back, relaxed, and just had fun with it.
We took in the natural history museum, and did the planetarium where we saw this cool movie called "Cosmic Collisions" narrated by Robert Redford. People, it is not the global warming that is going to get us....it's the giant meteor that could AT ANY TIME drift into our orbit. That thing freaked the crap out of me! I enjoyed, as always, looking at the creepy stuffed animals. We also looked at dinosaur bones.

We toured the bottom half of Central Park which was fun....made our way to the fountain, then wandered down through Times Square, over to Rockefeller Center, down to Bryant Park, and then back through Times Square. My poor feets were so tired!

So, on Monday morning, we got up, and he headed off to the airport to return to his life in Ohio. It was very cool to have him here...and honestly, I can't remember the last time (or if we ever?) spent so much time together just the two of us. Although, we did get some Aunt bonus with our Aunt who ate dinner and hit IRON MAN with us.

Final thoughts: ALTAR BOYZ: hilarious; IRON MAN: check it out!; SPEED RACER: If you like adventure-action stuff, fun to check out on the big screen; walking for eight hours: ouch!

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Lanii Be Good said...

I definitely want to see Iron Man! And that's Bethesda Park, right where David proposed to me! Would you believe I didn't even know it existed until that day! Now every time I turn around I'm seeing it in a movie or TV show.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home