Thursday, March 13, 2008

confession

I have a confession to make......I am super excited for the movie CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC. I love the book, which everyone should read (if they like that sort of thing) by Sophie Kinsella. It is a funny, sweet read, and the story has actually expanded to five books! Anyway, as I have mentioned before, I have a new job, and the new office is in the heart of Soho. Across the street today, they were filming the movie! So, here are some pictures I got while skulking around my office, and then running outside....I know, I am a movie dork!

In case you have never seen a live movie set, here is some of the mob of people that are on hand. It is trucks and trucks full of equipment, then you have different stations set up, then the camera, crew, security, and finally the people who are trying to make their way around the city.








This is Isla Fisher rehearsing from across the street. She actually came on set about an hour after they first started setting up the shot. Her stand-in worked with the crew while they set up camera angles, traffic patterns, and set the marks. Then they ran the scene a couple of times with the stand-in. Then, the star comes and rehearses a couple of times out of costume. Then the star leaves, the set the shot, and the star returns to actually film the scene in costume.



Ran across the street to try and get some better pics of Ms. Fisher. Mostly failed...sorry!










Failed attempt #2.
This is the actual shoot as pictured from my office. Fisher is the pink spot closest to the building towards the top of the pic.


When something is filming, they post these signs to let people know. In NYC, you find yourself tripping all over these.
On http://www.justjared.com/, they posted pictures of Ms. Fisher on set. So, this is a close-up view of the costume she is wearing while filming the scene above.

FYI....the movie opens in February 2009.

1 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Rambles said...

I need to read that book! You got some pretty good shots -- how exciting! Makes work all the more thrilling, right?

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home