Sunday, March 09, 2008

things i'm loving

Hello and greetings from the wilds of the city. Every once in a while, I find myself taking pleasure in the most random of things. I adore when that happens. Let's face it...most of life is crap! Then, every once in a while, you have a great day, or just do something fun, or take pleasure in something simple, and you can forget that the world isn't perfect, and that we are probably all going to die in 50 years from global warming. So, some thoughts on things that I'm loving right now....

1. The Library
I know. You are thinking, Beth, you are an idiot. But, I kid you not...the library has changed my life in such a good way. With the New York Public Library, you can request books or movies, and have them delivered to the branch of your choice, and then you can just go and pick up the stuff. Just yesterday, I picked up a book and two movies, and now have another movie waiting for me to pick up next weekend. Isn't that exciting?? It is a great way to save money...for those of us who like Barnes and Noble a little too much. Hooray for the library.

2. ELI STONE
I am so digging this new show on ABC. It's about this lawyer, Eli Stone (played by the fabulous Jonny Lee Miller.....aka the lead from the trash-abulous movie HACKERS), who finds out that he has a brain aneurysm, and changes how he lives his life. He takes on pro bono work, and breaks up with his fiancee....it is funny, sad, and includes some sort of musical number almost every week (his brain thing gives him "visions".....they rock). I am like a six year-old who has been promised ice cream when I come home on Thursday nights and look at my DVR list. You should definitely check it out when you have the chance.

3. CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC....the movie
One of my fave chick-lit books is being made into a movie starring Isla Fisher and Hugh Dancy. Filming in NYC (allegedly on the block where my office is one day a couple off weeks ago!), this flick is slated to come out on V-Day, 2009. Assuming I will still be single and living with a cat, I plan to go on opening night. I actually just got the book out from the library (see #1) and am revisiting it as I type. If you like those rom-coms....let the countdown begin.

4. Summer movies are a-comin'
We are getting into the summer movie madness, and soon, you will find me even more at that the theatres, if that is possible. Some at the top of my list are FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL, SEX AND THE CITY, LEATHERHEADS, INDIANA JONES, and ACCIDENTAL HUSBAND. And, the summer season is starting a bit earlier this year, which is most exciting. So, start saving those pennies, it is going to be a busy year at the movies.

5. Pizza
It is no secret that I love, love, love pizza. I just wanted to put it on the list because it totally does make me happy.

More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home