Monday, January 07, 2008

dude....that was scary!

So, on my first official day of freedom, I of course took myself off to the movies. I decided to check out I AM LEGEND on IMAX at the 68th street Loews. I went in thinking that this was going to be a psychological thriller of some sort...in fact, it is a scary horror movie! I was pretty freaked out, but liked it none-the-less. Will Smith is the last man in Manhattan. After a virus (which was meant to be a cure for cancer) goes awry, he is the last man standing, and there are scary monsters. He spends his days hunting, waiting for survivors, and trying to find a cure for the monster part. He has a dog, and now I want a dog. (Not really...but the dog is so cute!)

Things to love about this movie? Shots of an empty, abandoned New York City. It is just trippy to watch him getting around, and I actually recognized a lot of places. Oh, and Will Smith is super-ripped. There are some serious jump-fright moments. If you are into that, I think you will enjoy this one.


My favorite moment of the movie is in the beginning when he is in Times Square, they show a billboard for a movie that is coming out in 2010 that is the Superman logo over the Batman logo. it was awesome! If only that movie were coming out....it was very cool.


Final thoughts: Scary, well-done action movie. If you are into that, you must check this out, and try to do it on IMAX if you can. Plus, you have the 6-minute trailer for THE DARK KNIGHT which is interesting. I can't wait for that movie to come out!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home