Saturday, December 29, 2007

florida shenanigans

We have just returned from an amazing dinner at a place called The Sundy House, which features an amazing outdoor garden that you can sit in as you eat your dinner. We were just off the main path, seated by a small body of water, giant ferns, and several flowering trees. Frankly, it was stunning, and the food was to die for. As I sit here digesting, I can't help but giggle at the shenanigans of the elder crew currently residing in Delray Beach. First, this morning, my mother and godmother were out gardening, and planting flowers. As my mother was digging to plant something or other, she literally uncovered a toad, and accidentally flung it. She screamed like a little girl....and all I can think about is flying toads. Who does that? My mother...the toad flinger...is that anything like Robert Redford, the horse whisperer?
Anyway, as we were driving home, they were all talking about t-shirts that they had seen in the in-plane magazine they had been looking through as we flew down from Ohio. Two of my favorites were:

If you're telekinetic and you know it, raise my hand

I'm no rocket surgeon

The third one, my godmother shared with me (after a Peach-tini) was "Hump the Gay Whales." Um...my dad was laughing so hard that he was making that funny wheezing sound. Turns out, it was actually "Nuke the Gay Whales" as it was some sort of conservative magazine.

Oh the shenanigans of the 50+ crowd in South Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home