Sunday, December 16, 2007

controversial.....yet boring

So, I took in the controversial THE GOLDEN COMPASS and was completely underwhelmed. First, I didn't actually see any sort of controversy, other than the fact that I lost interest, and missed the last two minutes of the movie to go the bathroom. Seriously. I am one of those people who never goes to the bathroom during a movie. I would rather sit there and suffer greatly than miss a moment of a flick. I held out as long as I could...but finally just went because I was so uncomfortable. Anyway, as I am coming back to the theatre, I see that everyone is leaving. I walked out and missed the last few moments of the movie. All I can say is they must be planning for a sequel since nothing was really resolved at the end of this one.
I haven't read the books, so perhaps that is why I was confused by what was going on. The movie opens with several minutes of voice over exposition. So, there is dust that connects us to other worlds, and every person is connected with an animal that comes with them all the time. Huh?


Final thoughts: Kids may dig the action/adventure, but adults may be left scratching their heads about what it all means....or maybe I am just kind of dumb. Daniel Craig, I came for you, and you had like eighteen seconds of screen time. Boo.
photo credit: www.movieweb.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Lanii Be Good said...

haha Beth, you're hilarious!
I did the same thing when I went to see Lord of the Rings:Fellowship. I didn't mean to...but I'd read the books and I thought, "Dear Lord, there's like 3 more hours left!" -not knowing that they'd moved some plot points around, and as I came back, everyone was leaving. I also lost my purse in the scuffle.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home