Sunday, December 02, 2007

things that rock

Today, we had our first NYC snowfall. Seriously people, winter is almost here. So, in honor of the new season, the season of sharing, I thought I would share with you some things that totally rock.

1) Scrabble. Board games are back, baby, and Scrabble is the game of winners. You have to like, think, and stuff, and there's strategy, and for once, being smart and dorky can be celebrated whilst winning an honest-to-G-d competition. I mean, Scrabble isn't really a sport...but as you kick *ss....know that you are finally winning something.


2) Michael Cera. I have spoken openly of my ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT love, and Cera is a huge part of why I adored that show. He is doing so much great work...SUPERBAD was hilarious, and he has the upcoming JUNO arriving in theatres any moment. Plus, he has this freaking-hilarious web show called CLARK AND MICHAEL. Make sure to check him out in something as soon as you can.


3) Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. What more is there to say....melted cheese on bread. Relive the best part of your childhood by indulging in a grilled cheese sandwich. Bonus points if you have tomato soup.


4) 30 Rock. This sophomore comedy on NBC is hilarious. Helmed by former SNL head-writer Tina Fey, this show pokes fun at everything and features Alec Baldwin. Seriously, this is the best show you're not watching. (Thursdays at 8:30 on NBC.)


5) The Broadway strike is over! Shows went back to work this week....hooray! NYC and the theatre community at large are back to normal. To celebrate, wherever you live, go and see some live theatre. Make sure to tell them that Beth sent you.


6) Holiday movies. Yes, people, it is again that time. Time for the release of the holiday movies. This time of year, you get the wanna-be award winners, plus the holiday feel-goods, and also them grand adventures. Between P.S. I LOVE YOU, SWEENEY TODD, and NATIONAL TREASURE 2, baby Jesus is just going to have to wait....I am heading to the theatres


I know that there are a million other things that rock...but I want to watch more CLARK AND MICHAEL, and then I have to go to bed. So, I will add more posts another time.

2 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

I saw a preview for Juno last week and it looks super awesome.

5:40 PM  
Blogger SaucyVixen said...

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.

Scrabble is the Worst Game Ever. Seriously.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home