Wednesday, December 26, 2007

p.s. i love gerard butler

On Saturday morning past, a friend and I went and took in the new flick, P.S. I LOVE YOU, based on the novel of the same name by Cecelia Ahern. I really liked the book...it was really sad, but hopeful, and a good read. Basically a young woman's husband of 9 years dies from a brain tumor, and she is devastated. However, he sends her a series of letters (after he passes) with things to do to help her grieve, and eventually move on from the death. The movie is really actually nothing like the book. The book was written by an Irish woman, and takes place in Ireland, with an Irish heroine...but now it is about an American woman who married an Irishman. He does die and send letters, but there are lots of differences...instead of the widow and her friends going to the tropics, they go to Ireland....her parents are together in the book, but now the father abandoned the mother in the film. Let's just say that lots of things are way different. Anyway, I digress. I liked the movie...I just feel like I would have cast it very differently. Hilary Swank is really likable in the part...it is just a really different role for her, and the whole time, I was thinking it was really different role for her. Gerard Butler is fabulous as always. Was this a great movie? Honestly, no. However, I left it having had a good cry, and a smile on my face.

Final thoughts: A movie to see when you need a good cry. Take kleenex, some chocolate, and marvel at the power of love. Oh, and it could just as easily be done with NetFlix while wearing your pajamas.

photo credit: http://www.movieweb.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home