Saturday, January 26, 2008

sadness in my soul


As you probably know, I am a film fan. I love watching films, following actor's careers, and just love the industry overall. This was a sad week for film. Health Ledger died. He was a talented young guy, and I have enjoyed his films so much. From 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU (which I own on VHS) to the upcoming THE DARK KNIGHT, he is someone whose films I always tried to see on the big screen, and I really respected both him and his work. Of course, I didn't know him...I have no real reason to feel upset. However, I find myself mourning for him, for his family, and for the films he might have been a part of. I am still looking forward to seeing THE DARK KNIGHT...but I know it will be strange seeing it somehow. I walked past his street, where his apartment was on my way to rehearsal the other night. I stopped and thought of him as I will remember him. I mean, who can forget in 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU when he sings to Julia Stiles on the bleachers? I couldn't help but smile.


A sad week, and a great artist lost.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home