Tuesday, May 22, 2007

recovery

I am sitting at home on this Tuesday night in recovery. My brother, his wife, and their one-year-old son came and took Manhattan this weekend. It was such fun to see them, and the baby was, of course, as cute as always. If this weekend did nothing else, it taught me how NOT ready I am to have a baby. I am exhausted. We did such fun things as visiting the Manhattan Children's Museum, visiting Times Square, seeing Central Park, and eating take-out from many different cultures. I honestly don't know how my sister-in-law does it. Kudos to her and my brother for raising kids.

I can't help but think that my parents raised two kids, and my grandparents (on my mother's side) raised four kids. Are they insane? I just can't imagine. I mean, sometimes, I find the cat a little overly needy. I guess that just means that I truly am not ready.

At any rate, it was so good to have them here. Oh, and we had an incredible bonus. While channel-surfing on Saturday morning, my brother and I came across American Gladiators. I can't even tell you how much fun we had making up commentary. Yes, it's true, dorkiness is hereditary.


photo credit: www.tv.com

1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, and I second you with the baby stuff. I enjoy tequila, sleeping in and dancing in heels way too much to be around children without getting paid for it.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home