Saturday, July 21, 2007

better and better

I have the best roommate in the world. He takes such care of me, and I am so happy that he is in my life. As you may recall, I am slightly obsessed with a production of 110 IN THE SHADE that is playing at Studio 54. We have gone twice before, and for my birthday, he got us tickets for one final performance in the front row. We started with dinner at a French restaurant called Pigalle which is at 48th/8th. After steak, coke (praise be!), and strawberry tart, we headed off to the theatre. Audra McDonald proved once again that she is the greatest performer of this generation, and I fell a little more in love with Christover Innvar who played File. After purchasing a t-shirt and key chain, we left the theatre, and tried to recall every moment on that stage. (My heart breaks a little that this is the last time we will be able to see it as it closes next week.) There is nothing quite like seeing live theatre in New York. Honestly, I am so happy in my soul being part of this amazing community. I can only hope that someday I will have the opposite view in a Broadway house.

Final thoughts: I can think of no better way to have spent the night before my birthday. Audra McDonald was flawless, and the love story was perfect. Every time I have seen it, it has just gotten better and better.

photo credit: www. sheilaomalley.com

1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

SLIGHTLY obsessed? Hmm...

Bethie that is like saying G W Bush makes slightly poor decisions.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home