Sunday, July 01, 2007

weekly audra!


Hooray for fun news! It was just announced that Audra McDonald (my favorite musical theatre artist of all time) is joining the TV show PRIVATE PRACTISE! I will be able to see her every week on television. This makes me quite happy in my soul. Of course, I am sad that she will have a reason not to appear on the Broadway stage.....but she is such a great actress, and this could give her some great exposure. One fun tidbit: Taye Diggs will be playing opposite her as her ex-husband on the show. The two of them shared the stage in the 1994 Lincoln Center revival of CAROUSEL. She played Carrie (and got the Tony), while he was a member of the ensemble. Happy musical theatre times.


1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

What? That character was played my Merrin Dungey in the crossover episode. (Francie from Alias!) Oh, well, I guess getting replaced post-pilot episode comes with the territory.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home