Wednesday, June 20, 2007

not that bad

On Sunday morning, I headed to the 68th Street Loews clutching my $6 to see FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER. Now, before you judge me, please know that no matter what reviews this movie got, I was going to see it. Is it a great movie? Hell, no. Is it a fun movie to watch, including lots of eye candy, a happy ending, and some explosions? Yes. Frankly, I wonder what the many movie reviewers were expecting when they went to this film, that they would have such a strong, angry response to it. Did I go to see this movie with the expectation that I would be forever changed, or perhaps I would be moved to become a superhero or would begin a movement for it to receive the Oscar? No. I went to be entertained, and entertained I was. Other than finding Jessica Alba rather annoying, the movie was fun. Between Chris Evans, Julian McMahon, and Ioan Gruffudd, a girl (and certain boys) have lots to look at, and some of the special effects are fun or fun to laugh at. This is actually more of a girl movie too as Sue Storm and Reed Richards get ready to get married. Seriously, this is a move about wedding planning! Anyway, I adore both Ioan Gruffudd and Chris Evans. I am on a bit of a Chris Evans kick actually as I just re-watched this terrible film that I love called CELLULAR. He plays a guy who gets a call on his cell phone from Kim Basinger who has been kidnapped and he works to save her and her family. It is so bad….but I love it.

Final thoughts: If you like F4, then check out the movie. It is a light, fun, popcorn movie that isn’t as bad as everyone had made it out to be.

Photo credit: www.movieweb.com

1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

Well said. But I'm still not gonna see it. However, you have convinced me to rent "Cellular" which I have picked up and put down at the library four times.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home