Thursday, May 31, 2007

the green girl

On Sunday afternoon, the Slack clan completed their orgy of Broadway by attending WICKED. My parents and Godmother had never seen it, so off we went. The performance was fine. I think perhaps having seen this show twice before, I have gotten out of the show everything that I could. The cast was fine, not spectacular, but fine, the staging was good, the moment Elphaba flies was still well done, and there were lots of funny parts. The thing that I mostly took out of the show is how annoying it is that theatres now allow people to bring snacks into the theatre. Behind us sat three teenagers who ate their way through the entire second act. At a certain point, we all just had to laugh about it because it was so annoying. Seriously, they ate potato chips, candy, drank soda...it was like being it a movie, except that our tickets were ten times more expensive. Call me a cheap Midwesterner, but having spent $450 on four tickets, I would prefer to listen to the performers without the sound of Pringles in the background.

Final thoughts: WICKED'S theatre has the most comfortable seats of any B'way house I know of. If you hate children, don't go to this show - they're everywhere with their sticky fingers and endless questions. Everyone should probably see this show once. It's a nice girl-power show, and your mother will probably cry on the taxi-cab ride to the hotel thinking about the song "For Good".

1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

Your comments about children make me giggle. :-)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home