Sunday, June 03, 2007

a great movie!

ONCE is a simple Indie movie that just touched my heart, and I adored on so many levels. Set in Ireland, this movie is about two musicians who meet, and collaborate on some music together. Played by real-life musicians Glan Hansard and Marketo Irglova, the movie starts with Ms. Irglova stopping to compliment Mr. Hansard one evening as he plays on the street corner. During the course of their conversation, it comes out that Mr. Hansard's day-job is as a vacuum repairman. Revealing that she needs hers fixed, Ms. Irglova returns the next day, and a friendship is born. She took piano lessons as a child, so they go and sit together one day and fool around with the music. The music in this film is amazing. In fact, I went and bought the soundtrack yesterday, and sit here listening to it as I write this entry. It is a folky-rock, and uses acoustic guitar, piano, and violin. I love it. As I walked around the city today, I listened to it, and only hope I can learn the lyrics quickly to sing along.

This movie is never big, it is just a story about two people who both love music, and that's enough. This is definitely going on my list of fave movies of all time.


Final thoughts: If you get the chance, check it out. The music is great, the movie is sweet, and I might be just a little bit in love with the leading man.


photo credit: www.movieweb.com

1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

This will probably come to Ohio on DVD before it hits the screen, but I will look for it. I love those accents.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home