Sunday, May 24, 2009

tourist

As Slackapalooza 2009 continues, I have so enjoyed playing tourist with the 'rents, and taking a look at the city outside of my normal everyday fumblings. Yesterday afternoon, we headed down to the pier on 42nd street, and took a circle line cruise, the liberty route. It took us down to Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, and around the Southernmost tip of Manhattan. It was absolutely lovely.

For dinner tonight, we headed to the very fancy, and unbelievably yummy Blue Hill Farm. Featured on some sort of cooking show, both my godmother and mother were very eager to check it out. The space itself was nothing but class, with low lights, and crisp linens. The bread, hot from the oven, set the tone for a fantastic meal. I started with the spring vegetable salad, followed by the lamb, and ended with a strawberry dessert. It was all truly divine.

Final thought: Did I mention how depressed I am going to be when I have to go back to my "real" life? Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home