Sunday, June 28, 2009

less than meets the eye

Sometimes, movies are just fun. They are silly, summer popcorn movies, and you go and have a great time. Sometimes, movies are not that fun, and you are totally bummed as you sit there waiting to laugh. Sadly, the sequel to the very funny movie TRANSFORMERS is less funny, and more long. I totally love Shia LaBeouf, and sadly, he just doesn't have enough to do in this movie. Seriously, this flick is like 80% fighting/action, and only 20% dialogue, and it is only about 7% plot. Fortunately, within that 7%, Julie White is hilarious as hero Sam's mother. And, LaBeouf is kind of funny for a few moments which is nice.

I guess what is most depressing about this whole thing is that I totally loved the first one. I thought it was hilarious, the fight sequences were amazing, and I totally bought into the story. With this flick, the humor, aside from one or two scenes, just seems to be gone, and the battle scenes didn't have the clarity that they had in the first one. (I'm not sure if this is the right way to articulate this. The fights were just kind of machine blobs - I couldn't really tell the transformers apart from one another.)

Final thoughts: There are one or two funny moments, but overall, this movie just didn't live up to the first one. However, I still love Shia - and look forward to whatever he has coming up!

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home