Thursday, January 12, 2006

10 reasons why I love England

A short list for your perusal.

1. Sausage and Mash
2. Kate Winslet
3. Hugh Grant/Colin Firth. If only we could all suffer from Bridget Jones' troubles.
4. The West End.....the other Broadway, except the have even more bizarre shows. I remember seeing one that involved a man having sex with a mother, father, and daughter in one house, and the family eventually eating their pet turtle in a soup.
5. Incredible actors who don't all look Barbie and/or Ken.

6. MI-5, a new television show (new to me!) that I am so into. It is about MI-5, which is the British version of the CIA. One of the stars is Matthew MacFadyen who just starred in the new version of "Pride and Prejudice" and is so good. Everyone should check it out on A&E, Monday mornings at 4am. (G*d bless the DVR.)
7. "Sense and Sensability" the film
8. Harry Potter
9. "Mind the Gap" - this still makes me giggle for no reason.
10. Wimbledon

When I can afford it, I am going to climb on a plane and head back to London to explore more. Perhaps I will even get another tattoo. Mom, how's your blood pressure?

Photo Credit: www.bbc.co.uk

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Sausage and maaaaaaaash...!



(sensibility)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home