Tuesday, January 09, 2007

i totally know who wrote that....

Rising early on Sunday to NOT attend church (sorry dad...), I instead headed down to an AMC before-noon cheap ticket movie. It was the film MISS POTTER starring Renee Zellweger and the lovely Ewan McGregor. What excites me most about this movie is that it was written by Richard Maltby, Jr., a Broadway lyricist and director with whom I worked as a PA on the Broadway show RING OF FIRE! I brought him lunch for two weeks, and because of that...I am now two degrees away from Ewan McGregor. That makes me super-happy in my soul. The film was very sweet. I like all of the actors, and it was an interesting story. Emily Watson is (as always) a great addition to the film. The story is of (obviously) Beatrix Potter, and focuses mainly on the publication of "Peter Rabbit" and the battle she has with her mother about being able to marry a man of trade. Ewan McGregor plays her publisher, and Ms. Watson his sister. There is gorgeous scenery in this film, most notably when the Potters retire to their summer home in Lake Country. Ah, to be able to summer in such a gorgeous locale. Did I mention I am now two degrees away from Ewan McGregor?

Final thoughts: A sweet romance, with lush views. You can probably put this one on your NetFlix list though.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home