Thursday, July 26, 2007

happy birthday to me!

I woke up on Sunday, and found that my birthday was a gorgeous day. I then proceeded to have a lovely day that was all about me. I decided to see a movie, and ultimately ended up seeing HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX again for $6. The movie was just as fun the second time around. After the movie, I got some lunch at this cute Mexican place that I like, and then headed downtown to see FROST/NIXON starring Michael Sheen and Frank Langella (Tony winner). What an interesting play. Having been part of a public school in America, I know very little about my country's history, and so hadn't ever heard about this interview prior to the show. Both lead actors are fabulous, and they head up an extraordinary group of actors while telling this story. Frank Langella was a treat to see. He very much deserved the Tony, and there was just something about him that really electrifies the stage. Michael Sheen is amazing. When his costars get a Tony and an Oscar (Helen Mirren, QUEEN), you know that this is a guy who is going to be thrilling to watch. He doesn't disappoint. Kudos to Stephen Kunken who acts as narrator for the proceedings. I look forward to seeing him in other projects. After the show, I wandered uptown, picked up a cupcake from Crumbs, and then met a couple of people from work for dinner at Nice Matin on 79th/Amsterdam. We had a lovely French-ish dinner, including a strawberry tart dessert to die for. (I sadly didn't actually eat my cupcake for my birthday, but did partake on Monday night....) The only downside about my amazing, perfect birthday weekend is that I had so much fun that I didn't work on my film class midterm paper that was due on Tuesday. So, Monday night was a drag (barring the delicious cupcake!) as I worked on getting my paper done.

photo credits: www.playbill.com

1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

It sounds like a fun day!

I like your comment about public school, hee hee!

What kind of cupcake? I am nosy. Plus, I really love cupcakes.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home