Thursday, August 02, 2007

d'oh!

It was with much relief that I watched THE SIMPSONS MOVIE and totally enjoyed it. I couldn't help but fear that after 20 years, my expectations would be too high....or perhaps I might have outgrown the show somehow. Happily, neither of these devastating consequences came to be. THE SIMPSONS MOVIE is funny, simple, and makes fun of everything including itself. My only complaint about the whole affair is that there was a man who was sitting behind me who had the most annoying laugh, and it was exactly the same for everything he laughed at through the entire film. It was kind of a bark....and if the moment was guffaw-able - he would bark. If the moment was giggle-worthy - he would bark. If it wasn't a joke - he would bark. I truly regretted that I wasn't a secret ninja because the man was driving me crazy! Anyway, back to the movie. Homer does something stupid.....Lisa wants to help the environment......Bart is making trouble......and Marge is overwhelmed by her family. The movie doesn't try to be too grand, instead, it takes what makes the show so lovely, and simply made it longer. I think that this was the way to do it.

Final thoughts: A funny and well-done SIMPSONS MOVIE that is a must-see for any fan. Do try it out on the big screen if you can.


photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home