Monday, June 05, 2006

luke warm about the "x-men"


The best part of my parents coming to town has to be that we cram like 8 days of fun into 3. We do all the things I love to do...theatre, movies, eating...and this trip was no different. After counting down for months, I finally got to take in "X-Mean III: The Last Stand". I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. The thing is it would have a brilliant moment...and then during the next scene I thought about where the parents and I might do dinner...and then there would be a good moment, and then I thought about having to go back to work on Tuesday. Hugh Jackman was fabulous as always....but Wolverine was having feelings in this movie, and it was just kind of weird. Brett Ratner is a very different director than Bryan Singer. I read a lot of reviews about the movie, and the concensus was that Ratner did a better job that everyone thought he would...but he is no Bryan Singer. I agree with that. Although, some moments gave me chills (the final scenes of the flick...make sure to stay through the credits), overall, the movie seemed to lose the dark, driving force that the first two had. There were many mutants introduced...and they each got their 30 seconds of glory....but no one really stuck out. I don't mean to totally trash this movie, because I certainly didn't hate it....it was just not as great as I wanted it to be. It is very fun summer fare...but I am totally counting down to "Superman Returns" and think that will be the movie of the summer.

Final thoughts: Good, but not great. Brilliant moments surrounded by moments you can spend finalizing your plans for after the movie.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Oi dunno me girl. That thar Superman moovie looks to be a pile of hammy poo. Oi' suggest ye see th' Poirates o Th' Caribbean!

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home