Monday, July 31, 2006

concerns

I am concerned. Once again, I find myself turning into my mother. I mean, she is a lovely person, and I will be lucky to be half the person she is...but she can be a bit manic. First, I compulsively look for my bag about every ten minutes, regardless if my situation has changed. For instance, I could be in a car....for like five hours, and will look for my bag about four times an hour on that trip. Second, we both want to see the movie "Step Up". It looks like s lightly ghetto dance movie, and tons of fun. You might think that I told my mother about it, and she agreed it sounded fun. No. In fact, she called me and said that she knew the next movie she was going to see. Third, I have an unnatural love of all things dairy. Anything can be enhanced by adding a dairy product...whether it is adding butter or eating things like ice cream or cottage cheese. Fourth, I watch the Food Channel constantly, and have come to believe that yes, my mother and Ina Garten could be great friends if given the chance. And finally, we both believe that cereal is both a meal and a snack. It is a yummy treat that should be eaten all the time. At what point do we actually transition into our parents? I mean, at what point should you all start calling me Carolyn, and try to guess how many pairs of black pants I own?

P.S. I am also noticing some disturbing trends I may be adopting from my father. I will keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home