Monday, August 14, 2006

i did something last night....


Living in NYC, it becomes very easy to absolutely never cook at home. Between really good, inexpensive take-out and crazy, crazy hours, you can very easily go for months at a time without turning on the stove. That is the kind of person I am. I love food....I watch the food channel, I love to go to different places and try things...or go to the same places over and over...but I digress - that is SO not the point. I don't cook. Then....yesterday....something very strange happened. I decided to make dinner. Seriously, don't get too excited, all I made were tacos. But my tacos were SERIOUS tacos. (Dad, sit down...how is your blood pressure?)

I learned many things making my tacos. First, I have no sense of food timing. I think the secret is timing the prep of the food all out, and in that way I failed miserably. The problem might have been that I started everything at the same time. Now I know, and next time will be better.

Is this a life-changing event? Maybe for the cat, who seemed upset, confused and weary. For me, I hope it is the beginning of my relationship with the kitchen. Today tacos....tomorrow, a full-on turkey dinner! Well, tomorrow is really leftover tacos....but who knows about the day after that.

photo credit: www.webcooking.it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home