Tuesday, January 16, 2007

so lucky

The last couple of days, as I count down to going back to work, I have been watching my DVD copy of SEAQUEST DSV Season one. I adored this show. It is so funny. And of course, I had such a crush on Jonathan Brandis. I mean, I think I still have his action figure from the show. Anyway, it got me thinking about when I went to meet Jonathan Brandis at a car show. My brother found out about it, and volunteered to drive me there. I don't know if he did it because he knew how much it would mean to me....or if he just wanted to see the cars....or maybe he just wanted to use his sparkly new driver's license. All I know is that he took me, and for a moment, I got to meet the boy that I honestly thought I might marry someday. I think about that so often now. The things that are small in the big scheme of life, but that someone did for you that meant the world. When Jonathan Brandis sadly committed suicide a couple of years ago, my brother actually called me to tell me, and check if I had heard about it. What kind of big brother does that? Honestly...the best kind.
I remember when I was younger, I had a neighbor named Rachel who was my BFF at the time. Her father always used to take us for ice cream cones at McDonalds and then take us "cruising" which consisted of driving around with the music up, and driving through these tunnels by the airport. I always used to ask my dad to take us...and he would always say no. One day, when he was driving Rachel and I home from somewhere, he started to drive around. It was all wrong....it wasn't how we usually "cruised"....but he did it without me asking. I love that moment. It was my dad doing something just because he knew it meant something to me...even if it wasn't perfect. Another tiny, perfect moment in the giant scheme of life.
I hope that you are lucky enough to have these tiny moments in your life. And hopefully we will each remember to give these moments to someone else.

photo credit: www.search.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home