Saturday, February 03, 2007

moving on down.....to the west harlem area

Hello all. I am so sorry that it has been SO long since I last wrote, but my life has been in complete chaos the last couple of weeks. I have started the new job, and it is going well. I am loving the short commute, and the new co-workers are nice. Plus, it is 9-5, which means I am home at a decent hour, which makes me very happy indeed.

The REAL big news is that I have found a new apartment. It has been a couple of weeks of doing nothing but searching, viewing, and searching more for apartments. We thought we had one....and then that fell apart in a truly spectacular fashion. One must always remember that most people are fundamentally evil, and are out to screw you over. That is a lesson one should learn young, and never, even if your life seems to be going well, EVER forget.

That being said, Richard and I are continuing the dream of someday living on the Upper West Side, and once again are heading South on the island. My first apartment was six blocks above this one, and now we are moving down ten blocks. At this rate, we should be where we want to be within the next ten years. All in all, this is a good move. Although we are giving up a dishwasher and laundry in the building, we are gaining a three block walk to the subway, and a HUGE kitchen. No longer will we have to go in one at a time to do things. Ah....the joys of living in the city. I am not exactly sure when the moving day will be, but it will be sometime this month.

Let the packing begin!

photo credit: www.easy2source.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert German said...

Congrats on all the beautiful shiny new things in your life. May this be a great year for you.

Lotsa Love,

R

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home