Saturday, April 07, 2007

what you want it to be....

Last weekend, I met some friends from work and saw the hilarious BLADES OF GLORY. Sometimes, a movie is just exactly what you want it to be. Will Ferrell and Jon Heder are in fine form as two disgraced singles figure skaters who figure out they can return to skating as a pair team. I think my favorite moment is that they are interviewing different people and their reactions to the news. One man says, "As if figure skating wasn't gay enough." In a nutshell (ah!), that is what is so great about this movie. It pokes fun, and let's you laugh, and doesn't expect you to work at it. Sometimes, that is exactly what you want...to be entertained. Special kudos to Will Arnett and Any Poehler as the leading American pairs team. I heart Will Arnett, and he is in fine form.
Final thought: Grab some popcorn and head to the movies for a good giggle.
photo credit: www.movieweb.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

If you heart Will Arnett, check out the Will Arnett Research Project at http://blutharnett.blogspot.com

9:58 AM  
Blogger Robert German said...

I haven't gotten a chance to see it yet, but after your recommendation, i'm going to bump it up on my priority list. I do hope tapping and the general getting back into the swing of all things theatrical is going well.

Lotsa love,

Robert

1:30 AM  
Blogger redbird said...

I think I will use the AMC giftcard you gave me to check this out. I love men in spangly tights.

It was great to see you back in the hometown, sorry it had to be so short and I kept spacing out. Packing and moving...sigh...

You rock for bringing cannoli!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home