Tuesday, March 27, 2007

slim pickings at the movies

I realize that a couple of weeks ago, I waxed poetic about how the spring is no longer where they send movies to die. Well, I might have been wrong. Last weekend, this weekend and next weekend all look like pretty slim pickings. (Although, NYC does get more releases than most towns, I am actually heading to Ohio next weekend, and the wide-release films looks like they suck. On Sunday, I decided to head to the movies after returning from singing in a wedding in PA for my lovely friend Alana. I checked out I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE starring and co-written by Chris Rock. Although it was an okay movie, it was not laugh-out-loud....and any movie with Chris Rock in it should be. There were some fun moments, and actually had an interesting look at what marriage can become. I mean, how do you balance it all? Can you have a family, have a career, and still have passion, and not fall asleep at 9pm? I barely get through the day, and I am not even dating right now. I don't know.....I needed the movie to be ridiculously hilarious, and I mostly feel like I could say that when I watched it, I wasn't necessarily sad.

Movie number two on Sunday was SHOOTER starring Mark Wahlberg. I actually liked the first 2/3 of the flick, but it really lost momentum at the end. I mean, I am all for a kick-ass revenge story....kill anyone who is not on your side....but this flick was really gory, and got a little out of hand. I know, what could my expectations have been going in? I just mean that if you are questioning the end of the flick saying it seems kind of extreme, something has not worked in the kick-ass adventure. I am intrigued by Kate Mara who played the love interest. She has popped up in different movies, and always does a nice job.

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I would like to see BLADES OF GLORY. Don't judge me!

photo credits: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home