Wednesday, February 28, 2007

what went wrong?


The Oscars this year were just bizarre. First, I couldn't stop watching them because of several surprise wins. Who in a million years thought that THE DEPARTED would bring home best picture? Yes, it was fabulous and well-made, but I really thought if BABEL didn't get it, then LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE would take it. Also, Alan Arkin taking supporting actor was a welcome surprise. The thing that sucked about the Oscars? Sooooooo boring. Boo to the opening film thing with the nominees, boo to Ellen's so-so monologue, and boo to the random gospel choir. I have to admit that I kind of dug the sound-effects choir...but that was some weird sh*t. Plus, the dancers were very cool...but again, what the heck? I miss Jon Stewart, and the fabulous Billy Crystal. I thought the dresses were pretty good for the most part, and of course Ms. Winslet looked gorgeous as always.
photo credit: www.discoverkate.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home