Sunday, September 02, 2007

O - H.........I - O!!!!

Greetings from Ohio. Yes, friend, I have journeyed here for the long weekend, and for a plethora (note: that is one of my favorite words) of activities. On Friday, it was my father's birthday. So...we ate cake, gave him presents, and passed the nephew around like a cold in an elementary school. Yesterday, we all headed to my cousin's wedding, and periodically checked the Buckeyes progress on beating Youngstown University in the season opener. (Go Bucks!) This morning, we are off to hear my father preach, and then tonight, my brother and I will head off to a wrestling match. All in all, it will be a busy (and fun!) weekend.

Last weekend was a good one too. On Friday night, the roommate and I went for dinner with a friend of his to a Thai restaurant. I have to say it....I am not a big Thai food fan. It's not that its bad...I just don't love it. Anyway, after we dropped that friend off to go and see A CHORUS LINE, we wandered uptown and took in a showing of HAIRSPRAY. Yes, this is the third time we have seen it...and yes, it was still fabulous. I am particularly on a Zac Efron kick right now, ever since we watched the hilarious HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2. Anyway, a good time was had by all.

Um....I can't seem to remember what I did last Saturday, so I can only assume it wasn't important.

On Sunday, I got up early-ish and headed out to see NO RESERVATIONS starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart. It was cute. The one thing that was driving me crazy is that when Zeta-Jones went home into her NYC apartment, she didn't immediately lock her doors. Who does that? I just couldn't get past that....at all. (sigh) Of course, Eckhart was darling as always....the movie just couldn't seem to escape the slightly-too-precious romantic comedy trap.

Final thoughts: Cute movie....put it on you net-flix list. The food is gorgeous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home