Thursday, September 06, 2007

something different

In all honesty, my brother and I are very different people on many levels. He is very much a people-person, funny, well-liked....I tend to be disliked by many, skulk around in black clothes, and avoid as many people as possible. Anyway, this weekend, he and I went and took in something really theatrical together....WWE Wrestling. He is a fan, and this was a taping of RAW that would be shown on Monday night on the USA network. To be honest, I was a little hesitant, only because my idea of theatrical entertainment is a gritty Independent film, or SPRING AWAKENING on Broadway. However, I can't think of a better way to spend the night than to spend it with my brother. So, off to Nationwide Arena we went. I had the best time. It was hilarious, but it also so interesting to watch the production process, and to also get a bit lost in the story. We saw Champion John Cena (yum!), Triple H, Jeff Hardy, and the entire McMahon family. We also saw a very cute young wrestler named Cody Rhodes who was just added to my list of celebrity-ish crushes. My brother seemed to be enjoying himself (but like my dad, he can sometimes be very hard to read), and the important thing is that we got to hang out together. One of the plot lines is that Vince McMahon (Chairman of WWE) has a "bastard" son who is a WWE Superstar......the son is meant to be revealed on next week's show. So, I will totally have to watch and see who the son is.
Final thoughts: This might have been the most dramatic and theatrical performance I have ever seen....and I have been to PHANTOM OF THE OPERA on Broadway!
photo credit: Cody Rhodes - www.wwe.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home