Tuesday, January 24, 2006

it was the weekend? i must have seen a movie...


I did. I did see a movie. I saw "Casanova" starring Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller. I liked the movie, but I didn't love it. The thing is, I adore the film "Chocolat" which was directed by this same director....and "Casanova" is no "Chocolat". What struck me the most was the fabulousness of both Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller. Mr. Ledger continually surprises me. His work in "Brokeback Mountain" was phenomenal....and this part couldn't be more different. He has such a confident swagger....you can't help but believe that he seduced scores of women. Ms. Miller is fun as the spunky love interest. I can't help but feel sorry for her as she will always be stuck as the girl Jude Law cheated on, and she could actually be more than that. Oliver Platt is a hoot, and Jeremy Irons is creepy as always.

Final thought: Good fun. An easy way to pass two hours at the theater or at home.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home