Sunday, January 22, 2006

a letter to jebus


Dear Jebus,
Please, please, please let me be a big black woman with a big black woman voice in my next life. My friend Penny and I saw "The Color Purple" last night on Broadway, and it was amazing. The story was sad and moving, and the actors were so incredible. There was not one person in that cast who I would have cast differently. They were all perfect. One cool thing is that one of the leads studies with my voice teacher, and he is thanked in the playbill. Does that give me six degrees to being a Broadway star? Anyway, these incredible gospel, soul voices were beyond compare. It made me quite ashamed to call myself a singer. So Jebus, please, please, please let me come back as a BIG black woman with a BIG black woman voice!

Your friend,
beth

photo credit: www.colorpurple.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home