Tuesday, June 27, 2006

beth's TV suggestions

As you might have realized from earlier posts, I love TV. I watch a ton of it, and wouldn't have it any other way. In the past couple of weeks, I have totally been turned onto two new shows. These are my new DON'T MISS SHOWS!!

The Closer
TNT is not a channel that I ever think about for original programming. However, the have hit it out of the park with "The Closer". Starring Kyra Sedgwick as a police investigator from the Deep South, it is a show about her interrogations and untidy personal life. The cast is fantastic, the cases are interesting, and her love interest Jon Tenney is simply darling. If you can rent the first season, watch that before jumping into season two. I myself made it a Blockbuster week last week and rented the first, and watched beginning to end. I honestly was sad to go to sleep and have to turn it off. BONUS: Douglas Sills appeared in an episode. Who is Douglas Sills you might ask. He is a Broadway actor who starred in "The Scarlet Pimpernel" several years ago, and I am slightly obsessed with. I actually have a picture of him and I together that I carry in my wallet. Sick and wrong I know...but he is so lovely.

Medium
This show is on NBC, and is one that I am very late joining into. This year will begin it's third season. I started watching it because they started re-showing it on the Lifetime Channel...and as you know, I am a Lifetime channel junkie. The show revolves around Patricia Arquette who is a psychic. I know, it sounds cheesy, but it works. Most often she has dreams that reveal either crimes or lies to her. I remember when she won the Emmy a couple of years ago and I was like what the....?? However, having seen this show, I am totally into her balancing these cases that she works on, and raising her family of three children, and maintaining her marriage. It is compelling, interesting, and I am quite drawn to the mysterious element of it. You should check it out if you get the chance.

photo credit: www.carnali.com
photo credit: www.epguides.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home