Tuesday, June 13, 2006

the TONYs are coming....and now they are gone


Living in NYC during the Tony Awards is much fun. I would love to say that I went to them....or was nominated....but, I just sat at home and watched them with Richard, my partner in crime. However, we were sitting a mere 100 blocks away from the action.....I love it! Overall, I really enjoyed them this year. There were no huge upsets, and the performances were pretty good. The only award that I take exception to is "The Pajama Game" winning Best Revival over "Sweeney Todd". I don't know why but I just didn't really like "The Pajama Game". This seems to be my cross to bear though, and bear it I shall. Sadly, Brandon from my studio didn't win Best Featured Actor in a Musical. But, it's not so bad being 23, making your Tony debut, and getting the nomination. I think I have to hate him just on principle.

photo credit: www.playbill.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home