Thursday, June 22, 2006

random sightings


One fun thing about living in NYC is the random celebrity sightings. You may be walking down the street and you suddenly trip over Meryl Streep....or you are shopping at Gracious Home and you run into Amy Adams (2005 Oscar nominee for "Junebug".) Yesterday, it was a gorgeous day in the city, and I decided to walk up towards the Upper West Side. In front of Lincoln Center, I noticed an actor who looked so familiar to me, but I couldn't quite place him. I picked my brain and kept coming back to "Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" thinking that he played a goat or something. My EUREKA moment came on the train! He played Peter Pettigrew (the rat) in the Harry Potter films! (You're a wizard, Harry!) I have found out this his name is Timothy Spall, and he has appeared in a ton of movies including "Lemony Snicket", "Vanilla Sky", and "The Last Samurai". He is actually in NYC filming "Enchanted" which is to be released in 2007......and co-stars Amy Adams. So, just some random thoughts of seeing interesting people on the streets of New York.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home