Saturday, July 15, 2006

yo-ho, yo-ho, a ho-hum sequel at sea


My roommate/partner-in-crime Richard LOVES Keira Knightley with a passion that knows no bounds. So, it was a given that we would be going to see "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest" on opening weekend. I didn't mind too much though....Johnny Depp is one actor that I enjoy watching in a creepy/stalker way. Anyway, we got to the theatre over an hour early (after eating at Dallas BBQ) and waiting patiently in line. Well, maybe not patiently, but I certainly didn't freak out and attack the popcorn person. Anyway, the movie was....okay. The real problem was that it just seemed long. Some of the fight scenes were incredible, and Keira and Orlando are so pretty together...and the ocean is gorgeous, but it was just a movie that sat there. It has MMS. (Middle movie syndrome) It was basically a vehicle to set up what is happening in the third, which hopefully will get back the "magic" of the first. The last scene in the movie is incredible....people gasped and clapped. I think I smiled...but didn't clap. Anyway, I digress....it's not that the movie was bad, it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. However, if you are a fan, and will want to see all three of the films, you should definitely check this one out on the big screen to see the boats and fighting in their big-*** glory.

Final thought: Okay. Not as good as the first, but has some great moments worth seeing on the big screen. Don't go in with your expectations too high.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home