Tuesday, July 04, 2006

the lake house of tears

I heart Keanu Reeves. The oft criticized actor does a lovely job in the summer movie "The Lake House" with Sandra Bullock. This is kind of a funny movie to talk about. It's not that I didn't like it or enjoy it, because honestly, I totally did. It was sweet and romantic, with plot holes the size of a major European country. My big complaint is that it is kind of a mopey movie. Everyone is wandering around depressed. It was rather depressing. Except....it wasn't meant to be a depressing movie.....I don't think. I know that what I am rambling on about doesn't make sense (I am sad to admit that that is true about me most of the time) but I feel kind of stuck about this one. I think it is one that you might get on a rainy Sunday afternoon from Blockbuster or put it on your Netflix list...there is no reason to see it on the big screen....unless you love Keanu with all your heart. One bonus is that they showed the trailer for "Holiday" which is the next big-budget movie that Kate Winslet is doing. (I am slightly obsessed with her, so I apologize if I use a lot of exclamation points when I speak about anything having to do with her!!!!!!!) This film is coming out in December....urgh, I want it now! Anyway, it is directed by Nancy Meyers who did "Something's Gotta Give" and it is a romantic comedy co-starring Jack Black (not sure how I feel about that) and Cameron Diaz and Jude Law (cheater). It looks so good, and you should definitely check out the preview which can be seen at www.movieweb.com. Yeah for Kate!!

photo credit: www.movieweb.com
photo credit: www.aceshowbiz.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home