Thursday, April 19, 2007

terrible day

Although the event was a lot of on Monday night, we couldn't help but be saddened by the unfolding tragedy at Virginia Tech. My heart breaks as more information comes out about this terrible day, and I can only send my thoughts and prayers to the many affected. What kind of a world do we live in? Why is there so much anger and hatred? How do we live in this kind of world? Working at a university, this particular event has affected me more than I think it might have in the past. Are you truly ever safe...anywhere? I think that times like these always make one ask questions...and give thanks that you happened to be in the right place at the right time. What a terrible day. I can only hope that tomorrow will be better.
photo credit: gallery.hd.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home