Thursday, January 26, 2006

the resolution

Ah, the new year. If you are anything like me, I'm sure you too have made a new year's resolution to become fit and healthy and beautiful. No matter how you spend new year's eve, whether it is at a fabulous party in a fabulous dress, or watching "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" with your parents, eating Mexican dip and going to bed at 11pm, you always feel compelled to somehow improve your life. My resolutions tend to be something like this....

This year I will:
Get fit, eat healthy, and lose weight
Meet amazing movie star and marry him
Have many babies
Find fame as performer
Achieve immense wealth
Become leading philanthropist

Ambitious goal: perhaps
Unattainable: perhaps
Will I work my behind off to make it happen: perhaps (depends if I'm tired and/or there is something good on TV)

So, the resolution begins, and here I am trying to eat healthy and start working out again. In week 2 of the new year, as I did my Tae-Bo cardio VHS tape workout, my tape died. There in the middle of the warm up, I think I was lunging, and suddenly Billy Blanks disappeared, there was some static, and the tape turned itself off! I was shocked. I thought it might be a sign from G-d. "Don't work out!" he seemed to be saying. I considered heeding this advice and celebrating with a bowl of ice cream, but instead I jogged in place for awhile. Then, off to Tower Records! I got the DVD of "Tae-Bo Live". Why do I love this DVD? You know how most work out videos have beautiful, non-jiggly people doing incredible difficult workouts not sweating? This show is not one of those work-outs. There is this one woman who stands just behind Billy's right shoulder...and she has so little coordination, I actually feel like a New York City Ballet dancer. I can't help but watch her and giggle as she works through the routine looking like a muppet. I love it! The class does have the beautiful people, but it also has the misfits. That's what it should be called! Tae-Bo for misfits! Anyway, as I sometimes work towards my rather ambitious new year's resolution, I find that muppet lady is helping me in her own special way. I guess the moral here is that it is easier to work out when you can mock people on the workout video. Good luck with your resolutions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home