Thursday, February 23, 2006

ellen, eric, and a perfect thursday


One of my favorite people in the whole world is staying at my apartment right now. Ellen, one of my former AMDA cohorts moved back to her native Canada last August, and I have missed her desperately since. She arrived very late Sunday night/early Monday morning, and we have been hanging out since. It is bliss. As many of you might recall, I mentioned my excitement that they were releasing "The Prince and Me 2: The Royal Wedding". Ellen is such a good friend that we rented and watched it tonight, and ordered Mexican food to boot. It just doesn't get any better than that. What to say about this movie....it wasn't as bad as it could be? After a slow start, I am thrilled to say that it did get better...but then kind of puttered out at the end. Luke Mably (the cute as a button King, see photo) is the only actor who returned for the sequel....hmm, never a good sign. Anyway, the girl who replaced Julia Stiles is fine. She kind of looks like her in a creepy way when she smiles. That kind of eeked me out through the whole movie. Okay, so the plot is they are 3 weeks away from the wedding, and 2 weeks away from finals. Okay, here's my question, why would you plan your wedding during your finals? Even if you are royalty, why create the drama? And then, do nothing but complain about how busy you are? Seriously. Argh. So, an angry Norwegian Prince finds out that if the King became king while he as unmarried, he has to marry someone of noble birth before his 23rd birthday. Yes, I am not kidding. So, the angry Prince brings along his beautiful daughter who also happens to be Edvard's childhood best friend. Drama ensues. I have to say my favorite part was when we met Eric. I don't want to give too much away in case you are going to watch it, but this random person steps in to help solve the movie's problem in a major way...and all without saying a word. I think he was King of nodding in the movie. [sigh] Although not as important as any other character in the film, he really made it for me. Long live Eric the nodder!

Final thoughts: So, you probably don't need to see this movie, unless you are high, being tortured, or really liked the first one and are intrigued about where the story is going.

True highlight of the night: Ellen made some suggestions for other sequels.
The Prince and Me 3: The Divorce
The Prince and Me 4: Single Motherhood
I am looking forward to both of them.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com (the prince and me)
photo credit: www.rottentomatoes.com (the prince and me 2)

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Thaks for that Beth, I'll now end up watching it vicariously....

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home